Ex-Tesla employee reveals shocking details on worker conditions: ‘You get fired on the spot.’::Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s ‘ultra hardcore’ work culture is revealed to have led to long hours, unsafe conditions, and harassment for employees.

• PerCarita
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Older companies are not stifling innovation the way you think they’re doing, in fact, I think there are fascinating research being done these days. As for the fact that their CEOs are not on Twitter, isn’t that a good thing? Would you want the CEO of a company to tweet something idiotic at 4 in the morning, wreaking havoc on stock prices and driving the company into firefighting mode, detracting energy from other parts of work?

• Zeth0s@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

It is absolutely good they are not on Twitter, elon unfortunately is not the answer.

Research-wise, old companies have proved for decades that they actively bribed politicians and cheated to jeopardize innovation.

I don’t know what research you are referring to, but traditional automotive companies haven’t moved forward since decades. They refined old, inadequate technologies to a extreme level until the reality bit them and they are now they’re chasing.

Automotive sector, between elon and the old, corrupted, incompetent monsters, looks bleak

• PerCarita
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Batteries, energy, computer vision, deep learning, and crash safety. I’m most excited about better and better virtual human body models reflecting actual human sizes (male, female, adult, children, obese, average sized…) being released for testing, instead of the old default-male crash dummy.

Having said all that, I only use my car on holidays. I bike to work and prefer to take long distance trains for work related trips. So, yeah, fuck cars and fuck ever expanding roads. Streets are for humans, not for cars and parking.