• PerCarita
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

You say libs, but I’m not a liberal. I’m very pro regulations, what Lemmy would say “a leftist”.

But, you see, I also believe in democracy. It’s slow, but it’s a noble idea where citizens are able to decide who governs over the country, and have a say in policy shaping. I personally like being able to vote and go on protests. If the people of Taiwan want to vote, let them vote. It’s their lives.

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

regulations, what Lemmy would say “a leftist”.

“I’m as left as they come” lmao. Dawg you’re a capitalist, you’re a liberal. Learn your terminology.

But, you see, I also believe in democracy. It’s slow, but it’s a noble idea where citizens are able to decide who governs over the country, and have a say in policy shaping. I personally like being able to vote and go on protests. If the people of Taiwan want to vote, let them vote. It’s their lives.

Yeah me too, which is why I’m against a military dictatorship installed by the United States, existing on an island where it murdered millions of indigenous people to exist as a possible launch-board for future invasions despite the fact that the will of the people on the island and off it overwhelmingly supported and supports unification. It’s this weird thing I like called “doing things despite the United States being against it”

• PerCarita
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

More of a social democrat actually, although of course any purism of philosophy in economy is naive and can hardly be translated into the real world. Mind you, I’m not an economist, I just take part in it as a producer and consumer. I was just reading Adair Turner’s articles on how financial growth might in fact take rent on the real economy rather than deliver economic value, what is called “unproductive financialization”, I think you might be interested in reading around this idea.

I’m also against the military dictatorship installed by the United States anywhere outside of the United States, but we’re talking about China and right now we’re going into whataboutism territory and I’m going to disengage. Have a nice day!

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

More of a social democrat actually,

Social democrats are also in favor of capitalism, which again means you’re a liberal.

I was just reading Adair Turner’s articles on how financial growth might in fact take rent on the real economy rather than deliver economic value, what is called “unproductive financialization”, I think you might be interested in reading around this idea.

Are you trying to show leftist credentials or something? This is hilarious. Why would I be interested in yet another economist speculating how finance capital will influence the material world?

m also against the military dictatorship installed by the United States anywhere outside of the United States, but we’re talking about China and right now we’re going into whataboutism territory and I’m going to disengage.

So first off you’re abusing the disengage rule. It is not a “get the last word” magic spell, but instead a rule existing in order to make the site more welcoming for neurodivergent comrades. It is clearly stated that you must post “disengage” and nothing else.
          Secondly: whataboutism is a concept introduced by CIA stooges in order to frustrate discussion. It is not “whataboutism” to introduce context relevant for a discussion. What actions the Chinese government takes are influenced by the historical and material context that give birth to them. This is the reason for introducing these facts to the discussion.
          Thirdly: Even if whataboutism was a real thing, you choose to focus on this I stead of the arguments which have been put forth that relate to the discussion at hand. If you cannot relate to or engage with the arguments, do some self-crit and consider why that might be.
          Fourth: Keep your condescending faux-friendliness to yourself you piece of shit