• mr_washee_washee
    link
    edit-2
    10 months ago

we should have way less children: less engineers to graduate, less companies compelled to hire new workforce then less car companies to exist. there are too many mechanics and mechanical engineers in this world. i think i am suggesting depopulation at this point so that represents another angle of the subject. if ur existence is fine, why would u go out of ur comfort zone and reproduce ? at this point not reproducing serves more one own kind than anything. but also the rich need to be taxed and taxes need to be used to ease people lived and make them retire early. nothing has changed if u reproduce and create free new labour force to serve ur local capitalist located next door. look up vw: agglomerating more than 30 car brands or so, salvaged from banktrupcy. they should in fact have stayed defunct and erased from existence, and yet…

• HubertManne
      link
      fedilink
      310 months ago

Also taxes act as a filter so that gaining wealth is based at least somewhat on merit. The way we have it now anyone born into wealth of a certain level are guaranteed to retain and grow the wealth because taxes at the high levels are so low relatively. Unfortunately the adage “the first million is the hardest” is all to true. If your rich it should be your most recent million that is hardest. The higher you get the harder it should be. Just like anything else. Its like having our major leaguers playing T-ball.

• mr_washee_washee
        link
        edit-2
        10 months ago

earn ur first million by merit: pay people living wages and make retirement age at 50 and fund my retirement for the next 40 years beyond 50 and earn the fuck u want idc. wealth shouldnt all be centralized. at certain point wealth need to be taxed and tax revenue should be benefit other people in form of grants or something so they could also get a taste of rich life: the purpose of living is to enjoy it, not to centralize wealth to a single person

• @Kelsenellenelvial@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          29 months ago

I think there’s also something to say about what a person is actually doing with their wealth. Some people have most of that wealth tied up in the ownership of their business, re-invest the profits to grow the business and provide reasonable wages and working conditions to their employees. That’s a lot different, in my mind, than the ones that own staffed mega-yachts, spend hundreds of thousands for a 20 min trip to the edge of space and back, or buy estates across the globe while their staff rely on food stamps.

I think stronger labour regulations and better unions are a big part of the solution. Common complaint that CEOs are lining their pockets by squeezing every ounce of value possible from their staff. Mandate better working conditions, and close the loopholes like arbitrary cut-offs for benefits eligibility(make it a sliding scale, someone working 0.75 FTE should get 0.75 value of the benefits package that full-time employees would) and we’d see that concentration of wealth slow down a lot.

• mr_washee_washee
            link
            19 months ago

i hate richard brenson and jeff bezos because they did shit to humanity with their wealth; at least elon have put his money into some beneficial industries, and is allowed to enjoy extravageous endeavours: let the boy have fun by buying twitter, and trolling the world, let him get a taste of his money. also working in a fullfillment center isn’t the same as working as an engineer for spacex: that job is physically crushing and people need to be paid well, be afforded exoskeletons, be retired early, ulike an engineer who is knwoledge is much needed and there is not much physical effort expected from his side, but again pay both accordingly