• Antitrust7668
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Can we not make every single post on the front page something about liberals hating conservatives? This is one of the biggest reasons I left reddit. I really don’t care to see 1 single side hating the other every chance they fucking get. Why must politics invade every aspect of our lives???

• xerazal@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Because politics is a part of every aspect of our lives…?

Politics dictates where roads are built, zoning laws for buildings, food safety laws, labor laws, how much funding goes towards education, etc.

Sucks, but it’s true.

Also not a liberal and find trump’s mugshot fucking hilarious. Looks like a sith lord, yet people think he’s a good guy.

• Antitrust7668
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Fair point, so where are all the posts bashing the shitty things Biden has done? He’s our current president, plenty of things to bash on yet some guy who hasn’t been president for years still has the spotlight on him.

I get trump acts like a clown, and yeah I do agree his mugshot is pretty funny. Nonetheless, media is so unbearabley liberal, it’s insane. The political shit that makes it to the front page is almost always liberals bashing conservatives. I have to specifically go to a conservative community to get the other side.

There’s no embracing opposing ideas now a days it seems… Maybe it’s always been like that and I’m just too young to know, idk…

• xerazal@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Probably don’t see as much conservative minded stuff because the majority of users here are not conservative. Just a thought.

Acts like a clown? No, moreso acts like the kid at school that acted tough, lied about their accomplishments, and thought they could get away with anything because his mommy and daddy were rich. That’s why he gets dunked on a lot, because we all knew someone like that in elementary school. Trump just never grew out of it.

Things have gotten more polarized, yea, but honestly looking back at older stuff it was inevitable. For years fox news and conservative media pushed this idea that if you weren’t republican, you were a commy aka not patriotic or American. I’d know, I grew up with a hyper conservative, O’Reilly loving, faux “news” gorging step father who believed that CNN stood for communist news network and that even the most conservative of Dems were secret USSR lovers. Not all conservatives are that bad, probably not even most, but the places they got their news from definitely pushed that narrative, polarizing them to a specific bias heavily. Conservative media for years has slowly been moving further rightward with it’s rhetoric both on social and economic issues, which is sad because honestly I can see that deep down there is a point to all of it even if I don’t fully agree, but that point has been lost.