This one speaks to me on multiple levels.

It’s a reason I dropped my scepticism of medication and went to get a diagnosis and subsequent prescription. I am glad I did - and that it worked first try. (It’s not guaranteed anything would, depending on unknown factors and probably autism also influences the effectiveness)

I can confirm: At first, it really feels that way. But now, half a year later, it balanced out a little and I am only medium fast. Still - much improvement compared to before.

(Disclaimer: This is not medical advice, do not mistake for such)

edit: Artist, I believe, is Toivo Kaartinen, creator of Foxes in love

• riceandbeans161
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

i remember being The Dog

but then i had a bad reaction to the meds and now can’t take them anymore and bc adhd i haven’t managed to get around to trying new ones yet

• Zelaf@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I was the dog on concerta, also went badly after a while and I couldn’t eat anything at all. Now after a lot of years I’m on Elvanse. While it’s not as good as the concert, I am still able to eat.

For me it feels more like the dog went from a somewhat ruly Great Dane to a somewhat ruly cocker spaniel. A lot easier to handle on the walks and less attention aggressive but when it is it doesn’t take all of my energy to get it home.