The first two episodes of the new Fionna and Cake show just dropped, and I really enjoyed it! Go watch it if you haven’t already!

Below are my thoughts on the two episodes. Please watch before hand, spoilers below!

Spoilers for both Episode 1 and 2

Overall thoughts

Honestly, this show exceeded my expectations. I love that it has taken on a more mature style; Adventure Time really does grow up with it’s fans. I don’t think I have a single gripe, both episodes were just such a great time.

The intro sequence for the show is so cool. I love the glitch effects!

Episode 1

I loved seeing all the humanised versions of the Fionna and Cake characters; it was super fun trying to spot and recognise the different counterparts. I loved Cake POV, super fun.

DONALD GLOVER IS BACK AS MARSHALL LEE WOOOO! I hope to see some Marshall Lee + Prince Gumball action later on.

The Betty statue in the park was interesting. Is the dimension we saw a wish dimension? We see that Simon accidentally summons Cake into Ooo, did he create that dimension with his ritual? Or did it exist beforehand?

LSP was great. Just as LSP as ever. Never change LSP.

Episode 2

Firstly, I just wanna say: poor Simon. Jeez.

Why did he take a job living in a museum? I get he’s a nerd but like damn, seems like a tough life.

I am hoping he will eventually sit down and tell a story for the little Fionna and Cake fan, seems like something the both of them need.

I am loving seeing how the humans have set up in Ooo. I hope we get to explore more of their city.

Seeing Simon and Finn finally just hang out together is so great. Looking forward to more Simon + Finn action going forwards.

Unfortunately, it seems Jake is be dead by this point. I wonder how the shot from the trailer works then; might be another universe.

Hoping we get to see some Huntress Wizard + Finn in a future episode.

• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

It is promising, seems to start off at the same story depth as AT left off. Or its just all deception, we will see.