Saskatchewan recently became the second jurisdiction to change its policy around pronoun use and name changes for students younger than 16.

• zazaserty
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

You know, there are worse problems that we should be watching closely instead of caring so much about what fucking random name or pronoun the dude next to us wants to be called by. Surreal.

• TQuid@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s okay to care about multiple things. And the names and pronouns aren’t random. For example, I will be calling you “asshole” from now on. Oh, you don’t like that? You think it’s important people call you the name you prefer?

Weird.

• zazaserty
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Uhhh I dont know if I suck at expressing myself or if you are just tired and felt the need to vent somehow… I meant its surreal that people care so much about what pronouns or names someone wants to be called by to the point they make laws to prohibit it or harm certain groups. It is even worse for me when they do it because they are afraid of it. Im not going to insult you.

• Rocket@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

For example, I will be calling you “asshole” from now on.

I gotta admit, that is a pretty good name. I am going to adopt it myself.