• PerogiBoi@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m gonna vehemently disagree with you. As a knowledge worker, ChatGPT allows me to offload low level thinking and writing tasks so I can focus on bigger picture creative aspects.

GPT speeds up my quality work output by around half. Those who refuse to incorporate it into their work flow will find they fall behind compared to those who have successfully integrated it.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Then you don’t have much faith for your co-workers competence in wielding any given tool to its greatest utility. Using an LLM like ChatGPT to access data hardly automatically means you’re also a brain-dead search result copy-paster.

Yes, its a new interface for existing data, the same way digital files are to data on paper. Only ever using the latter is really inefficient, and stupid in a world where the digital files exist. Not that the hardcopies cant be to their own utility, or be used as corroborating data.

It’s a really good interface, if you know how to use it. This is like banning search engines because you expect your workers to be expert at everything, so they shouldn’t need support tools to sleuth for data.

• vodnik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

You could argue the same thing about using google. Yet you use google.

• animist@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Better stop using xerox machines to make copies and write everything out by hand

• quirzle@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Frankly, if ChatGPT isn’t increasing your performance significantly, you’re already falling behind the curve unless you’re doing manual labor.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Exactly. Used correctly, the amount of man-hours ChatGPT is able to save, is truly ludicrous.