Most of the video games I’ve played were pretty good. The only one I can think of that I didn’t like was MySims Kingdom for the Nintendo DS. Dropped that pretty quickly. It was a long while ago, but I’ll guess it was because there were too many fetch quests and annoying controls.

• allocsb
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Really? I guess you could consider the game’s visual flair to be predatory that way but I always felt that stuff was a joke because it doesn’t have microtransactions

• Stuka@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’m not seeing how anything in the game could be considered predatory in the slightest…super confused on this.

• Skyline969@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Predatory usually implies that you’re being lured in to buy something, but the game has no microtransactions. At its worst the mobile version (which is free) has the option to watch an ad to get 1 revive per run. Don’t watch the ad? The game is the same as the console/PC version.

I think the lights, sounds, slaughtering massive hordes of enemies with overwhelming damage, and constant dopamine rush from them could certainly be predatory in nature if they were used to bait you into buying microtransactions, but that’s not the case here. I see where they’re coming from, but I can’t necessarily agree.