cross-posted from: https://rabbitea.rs/post/280182

I think this is appropriate here!

‘I am a self-expressive person and I feel very confident with pink hair so I came up with a solution to keep the job and my hair’

• ourob
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

She’s Ms. Extra because she’s resisting bullying by an incompetent employer?

It’s not wholly unreasonable for a business to have some kind of appearance standard for front-of-house employees. But it is unreasonable to hire people for those positions literally sight unseen, and it’s a stupidly written policy if pink hair violates it while ridiculous wigs do not.

Besides, it’s 2023. Brightly colored hair is hardly an outrageous and rare sight to see. No one is going to stop frequenting a business because they were greeted by someone with pink hair.

• jtk@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

No one is going to stop frequenting a business because they were greeted by someone with pink hair.

Some will but you didn’t want them there in the first place, any profit the company makes off their purchase was going to be negated into the red by taking up employee time with stupid requests and complaints.