Yeah, this describes my experience so far. I really want to like it here, but so far it’s been an effort.

I am using Mastadon more, hopefully with time we see a similar level of polish. However, even there it don’t see a dent in Twitter.

• kriss0706@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

i feel that, i have lerked on reddit for so many years. But i am ready to make a change, and do my best to make these platforms the new home of the internet.

• callyral@readit.buzz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

But the people here feel like real people, not people and bots who push agendas.

that’s what my experience here has been too, it’s really nice to be honest

• lohrun@fediverse.boo
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve been a lurker on Reddit for the last decade so contributing here has definitely been a learning experience. One issue I’m running into is, how does one easily share what they are contributing with everybody else? Discoverability is somewhat of an issue on here whether you are trying to make a new community or a new instance.

• chefdano3@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I mean, you’re on fediverse.boo, and I’m on kbin.social, and I saw your comment here, and am replying to it. I’m pretty new here myself, but I’m finding no issue discovering communities on other instances and subscribing to them to have them show up in my feed. So I’d say subscribe to the communities you want to contribute to, and post. I’m sure we’ll all be able to see it and interact with it.