• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆OP
              link
              fedilink
              -98 months ago

this you?

Do you think anyone doesn’t know what a proxy war is? Or are you sheepishly trying to shift away the blame from the country that started this war?

• @finishsneezing
                link
                48 months ago

Lead me through your thought process, please. Where exactly in these two sentences did I say that this isn’t a proxy war? Because once again, for around the fourth time today: what you claim to have been said, was in fact not said.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆OP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  -88 months ago

Saying “Do you think anyone doesn’t know what a proxy war is?” can be interpreted to mean that this is not a proxy war, and claiming that it is one relies on people not knowing the meaning of the term. Kind of weird that you don’t understand that. However, if you agree that this is a proxy war then the rest of your comment is pure nonsense. Also, hilarious how you brush off the RAND study I linked given the role RAND plays in shaping US foreign policy.

• @finishsneezing
                    link
                    edit-2
                    8 months ago

It seems you often interpret things the way you feel, instead of what was actually being said. You just did it again - I never said I agree this is a proxy war. As I said before, whether it is or isn’t is beside the point I‘m trying to make.

Funny how you call out the one thing I haven’t addressed after ignoring my rebuffs several times. Still, I took a quick look at the RAND study; it’s from 2019, they argue strategies to weaken Russia. After 2014, a move like that from Russia was always a possibility - thinking about this stuff is a thinktanks job. How you get from that to calling it „advocating“, and the claim it is a proxy war, and even think this is actual evidence of anything, is beyond me. There even is an editor’s note attached „because Russian entities and individuals sympathetic to Putin’s decision to invade Ukraine have mischaracterized this research“. That is my point.