I recently removed windows 10 from my pc, how can i merge the unallocated space with /dev/nvme0n1p5? There’s the boot partition between so i can’t just adjust one of them and merge with the other using the resize/move button. How can i do it?

• zazaserty
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Just move the boot to the left and merge

• Mythnubb@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

To add on to this, don’t click the handles on the boot block, click and drag the entire boot block itself. You’ll be able to move the boot partition to the left, then you can extend your main partition.

• Gush@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

i’ll try this as soon as i have the time to flash the live iso. Btw i think i already tried it many times but it didn’t work. I’ve even watched tutorials. It just does nothing

• Gush@lemmy.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

I moved the boot parition successfully but i’m afrad that it’s gonna break my system somehow. Do i have to reinstall the grub? How? And by the way now that the two partitions are close together if i try to resize/move the “new Partition #1” i can’t expand it nor move it anywhere, same thing with /dev/nvme0n1p5

• InverseParallax@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

So, I’ve had it not work before, usually for odd reasons. One thing to try is to delete the other partition, then apply, then try to move it.

Resize/move is finicky though.

• n2burns@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

It shouldn’t do “nothing”. Once you press apply, it’s possible you get error messages, but it shouldn’t say it’s complete and do nothing. That would be a big bug!