This is of course not including the yearly Unity subscription, where Unity Pro costs $2,040 per seat (although they may have Enterprise pricing)

Absolutely ridiculous. Many Unity devs are saying they’re switching engines on social media.

• Gyoza Power
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s already illegal, so it’s not like it needs any banning.

• Gyoza Power
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

As far as I know, and as far as I’ve seen in other discussions, they are essentially changing the terms of service of signed contracts unilaterally, which in many places should be an instant lose if taken to court.

Edit: forgot a word

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I think Unity would be the one losing in court, especially since they changed the terms of service right before making this change, which is applied retroactively. That’s not how a contract works.

I can’t just write “Btw the house is being given free of charge from the bank to the tenant” on my lease to get rid of my mortgage

• Gyoza Power
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Yeah yeah, that’s exactly the point.

With your own example, the bank can’t just come one day and say “btw, the house you bought 10 years ago? Yeah, we just decided that it’s price is now double, so you owe us for the 10 years you paid half of what you should”