• @Weslee@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        58 months ago

Rather than build the epic game store with features and bug fixes, they’ve decided to go for exclusively deals. This means they are paying publishers to publish their games only on the epic game store in an effort to force people to use their store instead of making an actually good store.

So now everyone is forced to use yet another launcher because epic can’t compete fairly

• I can’t believe how slowly people are coming around to this. I’ve found it ironic since day one that their “freedom of choice” narrative is being back by exclusivity. It’s the most ass backwards shit I’ve seen, and their launcher is A W F U L.

I feel people still aren’t realizing this and epic is still stringing most people along.

• @Laitinlok
            link
            18 months ago

Not to say that they destroyed the fall guys community and now such a mess with full of drama

• Yeah the fall guys stuff is kinda crazy too. I couldn’t believe they’d lost “freedom of choice” while also buying Rocket League and removing it from steam…

• @Weslee@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            18 months ago

I think most are either just on there to get the free games, or they’re on there for specific games that are exclusive, I don’t think most would use it if they had a choice