Is the discrimination worth it as a deterrent? Or is it just to save the instance companies $$$?

• yesman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Ps. (For the dense of you)

I love your post; it should be a copypasta. Topping off a semantic argument by insisting others are dense is so ironic that I don’t know if you’re sincere, or some kind of galaxy-brained performance artist.

Ps. please don’t interpret my post as a rebuttal of your point. You want to argue about the definition of the word discriminate, I want to argue about the definition of the word definition.

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

No. The word differentiate doesn’t work because I wasn’t talking about identifying the differences in people I was talking about TREATING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY based on a single trait.

I thought it was a trick question. That’s why I gave the answer. I know it’s not what they were looking for, but they didn’t have to look at me like I was from another planet.

As a manager I DISCRIMINATED against people who didn’t show up for work. I DISCRIMINATED against people who showed up drunk. Those people got different treatment. They lost hours. They didn’t get raises. They got fired. I would NEVER discriminate based on race or gender or color of hair. Personally, I wouldn’t discriminate against drug users, but that same company demanded that we did.

It’s still discrimination it’s just that sometimes it’s legal and sometimes it’s not.