• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I don’t believe the creator is actually a bigot. There’s been too many false bigotry accusations going around and now it’s a “boy who cried wolf” type situation

• davehtaylor@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Brendan Eich literally spent millions of dollars to push for the passage of Prop 8 in California, which would have banned same-sex marriage.

That’s the literal definition of a bigot.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Again. There’s been way too many false bigotry accusations going around.

Big tech, namely google, has quite a few a reasons to smear the creator of brave in an attempt to get people to stop using it.

• davehtaylor@beehaw.org
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

Why do you seem so invested in the fact that well-known bigots might not actually be bigots?

When people tell you who they are: believe them.

No one is throwing “fake” bigotry accusations at anyone. And if you believe they are, then you also are a bigot. Period.

• EmperorHenry
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                9 months ago

Why do you seem so invested in the fact that well-known bigots might not actually be bigots?

Because there’s too may false bigotry accusations going around for me to believe any of them anymore. I’ve already said that multiple times. Why do people keep asking me that same question?

Think about it. Google wants people to use chrome and to stop using adblockers. Brave is a chromium-based browser that has adblocking, tracker blocking and fingerprint randomization all on by default, but made better when those things are set to aggressive.

People who become aware of brave start using brave and stop using chrome.

google is constantly manipulating results for certain search queries to push an agenda. They do the same shit on youtube by selectively enforcing the rules, elevating garbage channels and demoting good channels.

So why wouldn’t google come up with some bullshit about the creator of brave being a bigot to get people to stop using it? Lots of people are smeared in worse ways for doing even less.