• @vamp07@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -28 months ago

I think you’re wrong on both points. I’ve heard plenty of rich people say they believe their tax rate should be higher including some of the ones on that list. You’re also wrong when you say it works. It works for who? If you don’t attack the spending problem it’s just more money to be wasted. Let’s face it the political system is outstanding and finding some need to spend every cent they can possibly get their hands on. It won’t matter if they spend it on your priorities or someone else’s they will always find the need to spend it. In our current inflation based economy they don’t even need to spend what they take in it’s easier to just print more and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

• @davepleasebehave@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        108 months ago

rich person talk: it’s not a tax problem, it’s a spending problem.

No it’s not, money spent in the economy is money going around. rather than hoarded offshore.

• @hark@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        48 months ago

The rich saying their tax rate should be higher only advocate for higher income tax rates, which they are already avoiding for the most part. It’s just another PR stunt.

• @vamp07@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          08 months ago

The phrase “the rich” is quite broad. I really don’t know what the rich believe or want.

• @hark@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            18 months ago

Billionaires. Does that narrow it down enough for you? By far they advocate for policies that let them keep billions in wealth and get even more on top of that.

• @vamp07@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              08 months ago

As a group I suspect you’re right but I really question why we have a tax system that is so accommodating to their requests. It’s money in politics. I’m pretty clear about that one.