If you are usually a reddit lurker and are on here, it would be cool if you can try and engage with communities for a bit, just to try and get the ball rolling :)

• opensesame11
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I used to comment quite a bit on reddit, but that was usually to get into technical discussions or political arguments. So far there hasn’t been much technical content for me to sink my teeth into and I have yet to run into posts or comments calling for my extermination so I haven’t felt compelled to say anything. I’m glad that people here are nice, but I miss answering questions about electric circuits, embedded systems, etc.

Here’s hoping that some day soon when people can’t figure out why their op-amp is driven into saturation they don’t post about it on reddit first.

• OpenStars@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Quality over quantity - you are the kind of content creator we need. Do as you please ofc, but fwiw I hope you stay somewhere on the federiverse. I may never need your particular brand of comment, but people like you are what will make or break this place: memes are fun & all, but when you NEED help and you GET said help, that’s when you REMEMBER where you got it!:-)