I didn’t used to understand foreign involvement in wars, like the whole America-Vietnam shenanigans. But I can see why after watching this Israeli Palestine Conflict since birth.

But now it’s like watching two children fighting over who’s sandcastles can be built in the sandbox. And what do we do if children can’t learn to share? You take away everything and no one is happy.

So is that what this is going to come to? Do adults need to intervene to quell the infants?

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I don’t think history is a factor in the way we think back to WW1 or WW2. Yes, it plays a role. But in my uninformed opinion it’s more people just hate each other. They’ve lost relatives because of the other side. They can’t have this happen to more people they like. Hospitals and power plants explode, people live in poverty. People die. Rockets get shot every day. Revenge takes place. I’d be pissed, too. People on both sides are living under constant attack. Religion and history gets on top and makes it yet more difficult. Politics is more focused on retaliation than compromise or working towards a solution. Agreements are short-lived and people show over and over they can’t be trusted. It’s a bad situation in every way.

Additionally there are some people who just like murdering civilians. And they’ll do if they get the opportunity.

• rufus
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I thought the question was why they can’t “chill out” now. And not how we got there?!