• PoisonedPrisonPanda
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I think not having meteorological anomalies on a yearly basis, growing crops in a climate where humanity evolved, and having no dead zones on the planet is on a little bit different step of the hierarchy of needs than what people have different consideration on.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

There are people who live in places where there are yearly meteorological “anomalies” on a yearly basis (hurricanes, heat waves, etc), and most people live in places that don’t have the same climate as where we evolved. People wouldn’t live in “dead zones”, by definition. There’s already areas of Earth where people don’t live because their climates are too extreme and that doesn’t make me sad.

I’m not saying climate change is fine and not to be worried about, I just don’t see how future generations would consider life less worthwhile because of it.

• PoisonedPrisonPanda
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Yes yes. Nothing wrong with your arguments. At first sight.

We are in the meantime so many people on this planet. That those places that are staying habitable are already occupied.

This means if people moving away from dead zones they puttung pressure on existing economies, imfrastructure etc.

And this in turn, through our global economy will hurt anybody. Simply because markets becoming destroyed, supply chains disorted.

Western countries are struggling maintaining its infrastructure. You think europe can host africa without lowering the standard for its people?

This will evolve in revolts. For the world economy not even began with.