Two things make you feel less hungry, longer. And that’s fiber and protein. So what’s something portable like an apple that I could buy a lot of and eat at work or whatever? Like I could buy a lot of apples and eat them anywhere, and while they have fiber they don’t really have protein.

• n_to
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not sure of this fits your Usecase, but bringing some kind of precooked stew to work might fit it. Some sort of lentil stew could work, as you have both protein and fibre. If you need something readymade you can buy at a store, then it could be something highly preprocessed like protein bars and such, which I would nod advise to have in your diet all the time.

Back in the days before “The Incident”™ when I was a regular at the office I often had one of those whole-meal-shakes like Plenny/Joylent which covers both protein and fibre and doesn’t take much time to make. But tbh: Having a proper meal with colleagues is important and can be good for your psychological well-being. If you are the weird shake-gulper this might work less good. ;)