I have an old Samsung Galaxy (2016) with Android 7.1 and all the recent Youtube ReVanced apps require Android 8+. The latest version you can use on Android 6+ is 17.36.37

My problem is videos stop loading after like a minute of playing, it gets stuck infinitely. I tried installing Vanced, which doesnt load videos at all anymore. Older versions of ReVanced, doesnt work. Other apps like NewPipe, but i dont like that they dont allow you to log-in to Google account. Also i heard that Youtube flags certain accounts like that, so you have to make a new one, but i dont want to abandon my 10 year old acc and build up my recommended page from scratch.

Is there anyone with old Androids? What is the solution here?

• Wistful
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

This is how I use youtube with NewPipe while still taking the advantage of recommended page (algorithm).

A bit of a complicated setup, but it’s not that awful.

I use browser to open up the youtube front page (thus taking the advantage of the recommended page) Tap and hold on the video you want to watch and in the context menu, choose Share link and then choose to share it with Open link with, which will let you choose where you want to open up the video in, then choose NewPipe.

In chrome based browsers a shortcut will appear for the most used share link option you use, which will reduce one tap.