My beautiful cat, Tequila, was hit by a car on 11th September this year around 10:25 am. She died on the spot in the middle of the street. It still hurts so much every day to wait for her to come home again. I miss her every morning, because she doesn’t wake me up. I miss her when I come home from work, because she is not waiting for me to be petted. And I miss her in the evening, when she should be cuddling on my lap while I’m reading on the couch. She was my jumping piece of luck, but on that faithful day she ran out of luck. I will hang this picture of her next to her favorite spot on the couch.

Rest in peace Tequila.

• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Look man, I know you are right but there are times to bring this up and times to keep it to yourself. Like when someone just lost their pet is a clear category #2 case.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I disagree. If it’s in person one-to-one, you’re correct. Online it may help someone else. The OP isn’t the only one in this thread obviously.

• littlebifi@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I posted the story behind the picture despite knowing there will be critics.

• naught@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I know, I really debated posting. It makes me immensely upset to see things like this and my immediate reaction was FAR more visceral. I feel for OP regardless of how I feel about their responsibility in the situation.