• pruwyben
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Taking bullets away from cats is inhumane, they need them to defend themselves.

• PowerGloveSoBad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Yep. People don’t put up any shooting galleries around the house, then complain when the sofa arms are riddled with bullet holes.

• Dandroid@dandroid.app
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I would never declaw my cat, but I have scratchers EVERYWHERE, and my cat just prefers scratching the couch.

I have one on every corner of the couch, but she will scratch the couch literally right next to the scratcher.

But recently I got her one made of a carpet material instead of that rope material you see a lot, and she seems to really love that. She’s been scratching that one more often than the couch since we got it. But sometimes she just gets in a mood where the couch must be scratched, and there’s no way to convince her not to.

Luckily my couch was relatively inexpensive, so I don’t care THAT much, but I care a little.

• D2L@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I got some double sided tape made for putting on furniture to help deter my new little ones. We had to go through a few strips because they are obstinate little buggers. But, they have stopped using the corners of my couch. We have scratch pads and poles placed near those corners still and sometimes they will reach and show how big they can stretch on the couch but will do the scratching on their stuff now.

• Dandroid@dandroid.app
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

My cat will obsessively lick tape (or anything adhesive) if it is available to her, so I can’t really use that. I tried the double sided tape on counter tops to keep her off of them, and it attracted her rather than deterred her…

She’s such a weirdo. But at least she’s cute.

• D2L@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

Oh wow! I love the weird personality traits they get, even if they may make it harder to keep a nice place! Lol

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Plus, the bullets are part of a cat’s physiology and unloading their guns is considered radical surgery