• Goodman
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Did it a little over a year ago. Has been fun thus far, my computer really feels like my device now which it didn’t really do before. Its like when a meal tastes better because you make it yourself. Still have issues once and again ofc but I had that on windows too tbf. Not an OS advisor, not OS advice

• badaboomxx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I will try it, i am really angry at ms, it is not normal that it was running ff slow, with 16gb if ram and onky running WhatsApp in the backgroud. Thanks for the recommendation

• Goodman
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I think angry is good, that helps you pull through. Godspeed!

• Goodman
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Eyyyyy high five. Any good or bad stories or something to recommend? I will start. I am now the go too person on work for people who have issues with their usb drives. Not matter what, on linux I can always read the filesystem or make their flash drives work again. And people are always super thankful :)

• Churbleyimyam@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Haha that’s really cool! I had something similar at work - when the adobe suite stopped working properly with the computers there I was able to get GIMP and and Libreoffice working for everyone instead. I most recommend the application “cherrytree” and avoiding flatpak. Also, if you’re thinking about self-hosting check out YUNOhost. How about you?