A video for any doubters that Linux gaming is better than Windows in which it DESTROYS Windows by 25% in AC Odyssey. To put it in perspective, 25% improvement is like getting a new GPU. You can save $600 and instead use something like OpenSUSE Tumbleweed for free.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t really care to make Linux look better but I did a video some days ago and EVERYONE (on Reddit) told me Linux gaming CANNOT be faster or smoother. This is the proof it’s both and more videos will be coming.

• Reverse ModuleOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I mean this thread alone proves my point and my title. I have a video with 10 games coming up, DXVK, VKD3D, Vulkan on Proton and Native Vulkan. Let’s see how this goes with all the people that doubt that Linux Gaming is actually better than Windows.

• ram@bookwormstory.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

You really feel like the only reason to use or not use Linux is how much you can game on it, eh?

I’d rather push Linux for its strengths than lie and spread misinfo to lead people to believe Linux is always better than Windows at gaming perf. There’s many times it’s not, or it’s incompatible, or you need to spend possibly hours finding the right community-developed launcher / recompilation to get it to run. Gaming on Linux is a mess, that’s the only certainty about it lol

The abject strengths of Linux are its command line, its customisability, its compatibility with various utility softwares, and its productivity. Instead of drinking copium over a fruitless effort, just focus on actual strengths lmao

• Reverse ModuleOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Linux gaming is definitely not a mess. XD

But beyond that, I don’t care how Linux performs in games. I play CP on RT Ultra in Linux while on Windows it has double the performance. Too much of a hassle to reboot while Linux has liek 30 measurable advantages.

I just want to dispel the myth that Windows is better for gaming, cause it’s not.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Windows is more easily compatible for gaming, generally, and for 90% of people that’s all that matters. Specifically various anti-cheats do not play well with Linux.

• Reverse ModuleOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

I agree about the anticheat games. Beyond that if you don’t play some extremely niche 1995 game, Linux will most probably work fine and better on an AMD system.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

Yeah, I’ll agree with that at least. Issue is how prolific kernal-based anti-cheat software is in multiplayer games. Hopefully some day they’ll become more generally linux compatible. Make that happen and get Playniteno not Lutris ported natively to Linux and it’ll become my daily driver instead of just my development station and webserver.