• @czech@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    37 months ago

A couple months ago I tried Age of Empire 4 and more recently Baulders gate 3 (which works great on my steam deck).

• circuitfarmer
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Yeah, I’ve played both with no issues as well. Curiously, BG3 ran better for me with DX vs Vulkan, but iirc the devs said the Vulkan build had issues at first.

Are you saying you had issues with them? If so, would you mind sharing your specs? BG3 in particular has a Gold rating on Protondb, but even AOE4 is Silver.

• @czech@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        17 months ago

Yes, I had issues. I have a 3080 and some recent generation i5, 32gb ram. I’m sure I just need some configuration for my video card or something. It just takes about 5 seconds to boot into windows with nvme sticks. Every game works perfectly every time. I can’t be bothered.

• circuitfarmer
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          7 months ago

Got it. I suspect it’s something related to nvidia tbh. Their Linux support leaves a lot to be desired. Valve’s (and many other’s) work on Steam Deck or Steam Deck adjacent stuff has made the AMD world a lot more Linux friendly as a result. I’m on an all-AMD system (Ryzen 5 7600X, RX 6600XT) which is probably why I’ve had a very smooth time.

But totally understand not wanting to waste time with it if Windows is still working fine. I think that will be harder to do, however, as MS continues to move down the path of OS as a service.