• Reverse ModuleOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

You mean Linux? It’s 10 times easier and better than Windows lol.

• Commiunism@lemmy.wtf
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

As someone who’s been using Linux for 3 years, the amount of bullshit I have to go through to make some of the games/modding tools work properly or having to look up launch commands for almost every game so it runs well enough definitely makes gaming harder compared to Windows “works out of the box” experience.

Linux desktop too isn’t that much better than Windows except in privacy and security. In terms of ease of use, it’s sometimes on-par with Windows but seeing how you need to troubleshoot stuff when setting up and potentially at update time, it’s insane to call Linux 10 times easier.

• ADHDefy@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

I find day-to-day desktop use easier with a better workflow in Linux, personally, but yeah, while there are plenty of games that run without any tweaking, there are some that will take extra time and effort to get running. Windows is def easier for gaming, especially if you’re not familiar with Linux. There is a learning curve, for sure.

• Reverse ModuleOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I literally installed the system and Steam and ran the games. Linux is easier than you think with an AMD GPU. AMD Drivers are not even needed.

• mercury@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I don’t have an AMD GPU, and can’t really afford to buy one right now. Most people have Nvidia cards, according to the steam hardware survey.