• @superguy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    07 months ago

Nah. It was an RX 580.

I think instead of damage control for AMD, you could try to open your mind to the possibility that their drives may not be so superior that they work for everyone just because they work for you.

It’s at least possible, right?

• @phx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      07 months ago

Funny, I was very much in camp NVidia until the RX480, which ran just fine. So did my Vega56, and my 6900 as well as numerous APU’s (one was a bit annoying for overscan on the attached TV). No driver installs, just what came with the OS.

I’ve also got a tablet with an Intel Iris chipset that works fine with the in-kernel driver, and a laptop with an Nvidia chip that most of the time worked but periodically after a kernel update fails to output video requiring me to manually piss around with it and figure out why the stub didn’t build properly.

Maybe you should stop being an ass and consider that when the product/brand has worked for MANY people, maybe the issue is you

• @superguy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Maybe you should stop being an ass and consider that when the product/brand has worked for MANY people, maybe the issue is you

Hmm. You’re right. It’s me with my exotic hardware and configurations, not the drivers that many other people outside of /r/linux routinely complain about. My bad. Different AMD drivers breaking some things and fixing others (while never being fully functional) is because of me. The drivers are literally perfect, and have been for years.

Lol. Delusion is just not a river in egypt. Keep fanboying, gonna block you now.