A very interesting video about the Thunderbird Project successful donation process and how KDE can improve them by following their step.

• nevial
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m a heavy Thunderbird user and to be honest, I don’t understand what you’re saying at all? I have multiple private mail accounts and a work mail account and I use all of them on multiple machines with Thunderbird but also with different clients (e.g. FairEmail on Android) as well as webmail (at least for my work mail I use it sometimes) and I never experienced any problems. What exactly do you mean? I mean, I do have an export of my thunderbird profiles (maybe not up to date, though, tbh), but more so out of comfort than necessity. Without this export, and in the unlikely case of a system failure, I would have to go through the process of adding my mail accounts (server, password, username) by hand and that’s basically it

• crank@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

If you want to filter all mail (on a specific mail host) from host.tld into a specific folder, how do you create the filter?

• nevial
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

As someone else pointed out, maybe you’re thinking of POP instead of IMAP? I basically have all my mails on the host’s servers (including folders) and just synchronize using my different clients

• nevial
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Sorry, I kind of forgot about lemmy or a few days. In Thunderbird, I create a new dedicated folder, use Tools --> Message Filters. I then can add the desired filter (something like must contain at least ‘host.tld’ in sender) and make it move all filtered mails into the previously created folder. I just checked, it works like this. You can also specify when that filter should be executed (e.g. when getting new mails or every 10 minutes) and the folder with the filtered mails also shows up in FairMail on Android. Better description: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters