My disclaimer is that I am excited using the fediverse as alternative from Reddit (I have switched to Mastodon from Twitter).

I have been trying a combination of lemmy.world, kbin and a lemmy app like MemmyApp. Each one, I look at “All” and try various things like “hot”, “active”, “top day” and etc. Each one produces different results. And it is not even close. Rarely are there same posts across each. Also, on lemmy.world, after I sort on one of these, a few seconds go by and it won’t stop scrolling with a blast from same communities and users.

So… what is it I am doing wrong? How do I make my experience more enjoyable? Am I the only one?

(Note: I am aware that kbin/lemmy have their own local and therefore, that would be different, but the “All” filter?)

• pruwyben
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“All” will be different on different instances - it’s basically all of the communities/magazines that anyone on that server follows. On large servers this’ll cover just about everything but not on smaller servers. Plus there is probably a lot less cross-subscription between Lemmy and Kbin than within each. The two may also have different algorithms for the hot/active lists.

The scrolling thing is a bug with Lemmy. It’s been resolved with version 18 but some instances, including lemmy.world, haven’t updated yet.