• skillissuer
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

so, you’ve listed an yahoo “article”, that is ctrl c ctrl v of two other “articles” published on sites that will post everything you want if you pay them, both also linking an article from “scientific” “peer-reviewed” “journal” prominently appearing in Beall’s list beallslist.net (usually called list of predatory journals in less polite company) that operate under the same business model but this time adding veneer of scientific credibility. i’d also note that Robert Beatty is not affiliated with any university, instead his only affiliation is Beatty LLC, listed under “allopathic and osteopathic” practitioner https://npidb.org/doctors/allopathic_osteopathic_physicians/neurological-surgery_207t00000x/1447264122.aspx

this is on background of acyclovir being trialed for covid, and nothing has come out of it. taken together none of this passes smell test, however this fits alternative medicine narrative like a glove: outsider doctor shows that treatment was there all along and it’s cheap and he’ll sell it to you, because it’s not drugs that treat people, it’s knowledge that the medical establishment supresses

you’ve just helped spreading medical disinformation

• IbnLemmy@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

That or OP is not an expert, didn’t have time, and shared with good intent, and gave you the opportunity to tell us more.

Either way you both deserve credit. Good share

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I certainly didn’t know the background in the parent comment. I saw there was a study, and that the article said it was peer reviewed. That seemed like it was worth sharing. The fact that other people who have more context can share it in threads like this is precisely what makes Lemmy great.