One of these pulled up at my workplace today and I can not get over how stupid they look and that got me thinking, who thought making a shittier version of an Odyssey was a good idea.

This thing can’t be useful as a truck, can’t seat as many as a van, costs $50k and burns more gas then an Odyssey (10l/100km hwy vs 8l/100km hwy). Does anyone who drives these things think they are hot shit?

• rikonium
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

A new Transit (at it’s smallest) in North America would be…

• 12" taller
    • 10" longer
    • 3" wider
    • $6,000 more expensive comparing base sticker prices (Cargo)
    • $11,000 more expensive comparing base sticker prices (Passenger)
    • Use 20-30% more fuel (using Fuelly data to estimate)

This is what grinds my gears about people saying to get a minivan instead of a mid-size crossover - yes I get ego is something to get past but MINIVAN’S ARE 80" WIDE THESE DAYS.

In fact, if that person bought an Odyssey instead of a Ridgeline, they’d net a total difference of five inches of length.

• M0oP0o@mander.xyzOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Yes, as has been pointed out buying an Odyssey would have been better, not that the Odyssey is good (also hate the enbiggening of minivans). I think people buying ridgelines are driving them empty and without passagers (like almost all trucks in north america), but are trying to justify having a truck. This thing is basically the “just the tip” of trucks.

If you have use of a truck bed, you likely are not buying this. If you think you would like the option of a truck bed then you are likely buying this.