• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

We look at the nuclear bomb and the damage it caused and say “that was bad, let’s not do that”.

Most people have no idea how horrible it would actually be if WW3 happens. That’s why we need to stop the fighting in ukraine and start the peace talks.

I’m not on either side of that war. I just don’t want the world to become radioactive ashes.

But everything else you said, yes. If you want people to work, you need to pay them. If no one wants to do the job, you need to offer higher pay to make people want to work there.

This is basic supply and demand. Boomers refuse to understand this because they think younger people are entitled for wanting the American dream.

Work is often hard…but the shitter the job is, the higher the pay needs to be.

• unfreeradical@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I think it is not particularly helpful to frame the overarching antagonism in our society as one between two groups of different ages.

Most households, including most households of Boomers, are workers, and are also workers who are struggling more than they were forty years ago.