Consumers are paying more than ever for streaming TV each month and analysts say there’s no reason for the companies to stop raising prices::Finding new subscribers in a saturated streaming video market isn’t easy. And with legacy media companies desperate to recoup revenue declines in their linear TV businesses, the cost of your monthly plan is likely to keep rising.

• gohixo9650
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m genuinely baffled that you interpreted any of what I said as garnering sympathy for streaming platforms or their CEOs.

then explain me why you mentioned the “operating at a loss” thing. What does it prove in your argument? What does this offer in the dialog and please explain me if the CEO of a said company which is “operating at a loss” walks out with millions in their pockets or not. And also what will happen in the owner of a small business which is also operating at a loss. Then compare these two “operating at a loss” and tell me if they are even slightly comparable.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

The point is that the company has to be profitable. It’s not complicated. The point of companies is to be profitable. If they’re not profitable, they cease to exist, which isn’t good for anyone. Those are the only options they have: become profitable or cease to exist. I know you people like to think money is just conjured into existence with magic but that’s not the way anything works.

• gohixo9650
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

you didn’t manage to reply to any of the arguments above. You just spitted out some basic principles which all of us are aware of. I don’t understand even why you bothered to type these since they also don’t offer anything valuable in the conversation

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

You just spitted out some basic principles which all of us are aware of.

Maybe “aware of” but have clearly demonstrated that you don’t understand.

Listen, it’s really an irrelevant point. It doesn’t matter if they’re a fucking Fortune 100 company charging $500/mo, nothing about that entitles you to the content they produce.

It’s not food, it’s not healthcare, it’s not shelter, you’re not being deprived of any sort of necessity, it’s entertainment. Too expensive? Don’t fuckin buy it.

• gohixo9650
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Don’t fuckin buy it.

yes, this is what I’m doing. So, what is your point?