Hello linix@lemmy, I got fixed on the idea of replacing my iPad with a 2in1 like the thibkpad X13 for uni since I use the keyboard with my iPad a lot. The only time I need to take handwritten notes is in chemistry, mathematics and to annotate PDFs. Does anyone here have experience with convertibles running Linux? What would be the best one for palm rejection and writing?

I was unable to find reviews on reasonably modern hardware. Until now I have my eyes set on an Thinkpad X13 since it is Ubuntu certified at least. Thanks :)

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

are nice. Palm rejection for the touchscreen works fine on my Debian Linux, ThinkPad Yoga. I’m not sure if I configured it or it does that out-of-the-box. Keyboard and mouse seem to be deactivated by hardware once i fold it over.

If you’re a nerd you could also learn LaTeX to take notes. I know a few people who got crazy fast typing maths that way. I didn’t, took notes during a lecture with a pen and did quite some of my assignments with LaTeX.

• Defaultplace@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Thanks for the comment, I use latex already for my reading notes but I’m too slow for the lectures. Also my profs like drawing a lot hahah.

• lynx@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Thanks for suggesting RNote, i always use Xournal++ to take notes, but there are some problems and RNote seems to work much nicer with gestures. The only thing that i am missing is an option for saving pen configuration to easily switch between a black pen and a yellow marker.