• dingleberry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I have a Brother DCP L2541DW. Bought it last year and has been working since with no hiccups nor drum change.

Regardless of brand, don’t buy “at home” printers. Those are straight up scams. Just buy office printers.

• Zagorath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I have a Brother HL-2365DW. It’s a home printer, or maybe at most a home-office printer. I’ve had it nearly a decade with only two toner replacements. Being laser and networked solve the two biggest problems I’ve had with inkjet printers in the past, and those two categories are the main things I would strongly recommend to people when choosing a printer.

edit: I initially wrote “it’s not a home printer” (emphasis added here for demonstrative purposes). This was the exact opposite of what I intended to say.

• Zagorath@aussie.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

There do exist colour laser printers, although I suspect if you’re interested in artistic printing their quality may not be good enough.

I couldn’t tell you what brands or models are good, but I’m sure some inkjet printers do exist in a less user-hostile business model. You just might need to pay a bit more for them up-front. You’d need to ask the opinions of other people in your hobby’s community for better advice I think.