The platform once known as Twitter failed the lowest of hurdles this week. Will we do anything about it?

• DogMuffins
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I don’t understand what you’re actually trying to say.

As a society it’s ok for us to have expectations of companies like Twitter and its ok to notice when they fail to meet those expectations.

Digital megacorps do not get a free pass because we don’t want them to fall out of the oligopoly.

I couldn’t care less what platform everyone’s grandma is using this week, provided that they apply a bare minimum of effort to reduce misinformation.

• Jumuta@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Digital megacorps do not get a free pass because we don’t want them to fall out of the oligopoly.

Free pass from “regulation” that the competitors are applying on them. The issue here is what DIGI is.

If it was a governmental body or something I’d take this seriously but this is Google and Facebook “regulating” twitter, both companies with a financial interest in killing twitter off.

• DogMuffins
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Did you even read the article? DIGI did everything they could to avoid having to sanction xitter.

This isn’t going to kill off xitter either.