A U.K. woman was photographed standing in a mirror where her reflections didn’t match, but not because of a glitch in the Matrix. Instead, it’s a simple iPhone computational photography mistake.

• cmnybo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

With a DSLR, the person editing the pictures has full control over what post processing is done to the RAW files.

• Nine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Correct, I was referring to RAW shot on mobile not a proper DLSR. I guess I should have been more clear about that. Sorry!

• uzay@infosec.pub
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

You might be confounding a RAW photo file and the way it is displayed. A RAW file isn’t even actually an image file, it’s a container containing the sensor pixel information, metadata, and a pre-generated JPG thumbnail. To actually display an image, the viewer application either has to interpret the sensor data into an image (possible with changes according to its liking) or just display the contained JPG. On mobile phones I think it’s most likely that the JPG is generated with pre-applied post-processing and displayed that way. That doesn’t mean the RAW file has any post-processing applied to it though.