• morrowind
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What about a laptop or tablet? I usually only use my phone when I’m on the go or in a difficult situation.

• Still@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

laptops are bulky and phones are super convenient because they’re always on and have quick pausing so you can easily pick up and put down. whenever you need to

• frankyboi@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

once you have a a phone , why pay 300$ for a tablet ? I was thinking to buy a tablet because I spend an outrageous amount of time reading stuff on the internet . I looked at low-end tablet and the screen quality was terrible . I look at a S7 FE tablet ,700$, way better , but should I spend 700$ for 3 inch bigger screen ? Tablet on the toilet? I don’t think so. Tablet in my shower shelves , no. Tablet in my bed,maybe , but just while sitting … What about listening to podcasts … My phone do it and fit in my pocket , my bicycle , my car and my jogging fanny bag. So the tablet would be used only while I’m the couch or laying in my bed… but at this point I have a laptop . I have a 42 inch tv connected to my pc tower ,and a laptop that I barely use. Since I’m sitting all day long at my job. I prefer to lay down on my sofa at night ,not sit again behind a monitor on an office chair .

• psud@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Tablet when you lose the ability to focus up close and need your device arm’s length away. But there are treatments for list accommodation or glasses, so that’s a non problem

• morrowind
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Mainly for

• chilling in bed or something, where a laptop is too clumsy
        • digital art/drawing/notes (for me, may not apply to others)

We also have like 10-12" tablets now and I’m a small phone fan, so I could see like a 5.5" phone and 11" tablet working well.