Oh, AutoDesk…you have such a way with words. Honestly, I would rather learn to design in OpenSCAD than send AutoDesk a single penny.

• @nilloc
    link
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Just get the docker image and run it in a vm…

Oh and if you’re a Mac user go fuck your self. We’d never change the keyboard shortcuts, native mouse/trackpad gestures, or use any of the menu conventions that you use in all your native apps.

• @Dkarma@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      05 months ago

Ah yes…let’s customize for the Mac’s…checks notes…one mouse button.

Yes. Great use of dev resources.

• @nilloc
        link
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

1 button mouses haven’t been a thing for 15 years. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t meant the other button isn’t there and working.

And more importantly, Mac trackpads are the shit, 2-4 finger gestures, pinch zoom, 2d smooth scrolling and occasionally even rotating is super handy and really intuitive. Especially for 3D CAD on a laptop. They’re so good that a lot of people buy magic pads for desktops.

It’s why I’ve never settled on Gimp or Inkscape unless I’m on a Linux box. Also it’s not much fucking work to swap ctrl/alt/command keys around, but hardly any devs even bother with that because they assume Macs are still little blue blobs from 20 years ago.