I have noticed phones with a handset (like the one in the image) have a little cover that resembles something like a cold camera shoe under the bottom of the handset’s top speaker holder. Is there a use for it? It has a line bump in the middle, but it doesn’t go all the way from both sides, it leaves a gap. I have also seem some of them have extra space on the top of the cover, and some don’t.

  • RBG
    35 months ago

    Oh, I was not aware you are into this as a collector, now I feel honored to be able to show you something new!

    I live in Europe, not the UK though, so maybe that explains why these are familiar to me. Although another user said they saw one in Ohio.