I am trying to finally move from entirely depending on Google Photos to a proper backup strategy. I have my photos and videos downloaded from Google which are a mess right now but as long they’re with me I am fine, at least for now.

So, what I have planned is 3 way backup with Mega Drive-Google Photos- Local storage. Local storage, I will start off with storing on a pendrive and my router has a usb port so will make use of it for time being.

I know my way of doing things is noobish for a piracy community (and in general too, I am kinda embarrassed as well sharing this “strategy” of mine). Hence I’m asking for suggestions to improve my strategy. Yeah, in the future I will move to HDDs and NAS but for time being I am starting out this way.

So how do you manage your personal media? Are there any noob-friendly tools/techniques you know which drastically improve my strategy?

• @PracticalParrot
    link
    English
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Yeah the warnings are there for a reason, it is very new. However, only had to change my docker compose once, and that’s it. Otherwise everything has worked flawlessly.

The warning serves to make you aware that it is beta software, and to have 3-2-1 backup solution.