• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

if you get adguard for desktop and load it with userscripts from greasyfork to block youtube’s bullshit it’s still okay, I barely ever have any hiccups since I loaded 5 different userscripts to block youtube’s anti-adblock bullshit. I sometimes get an error telling me the video couldn’t be played, but I almost never see their bullshit telling me to turn my adblocker off.

There’s also “FreeTube” which is an app for several desktop operating systems. there’s also the many instances of invidious you can check out and access from almost any device with a web-browser.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Well, I’m disabled and can’t work, unfortunately I can’t afford a place of my own or my own router to install my VPN or adguard onto.

• Dultas@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I’m running uBlock Origin and a pi Hole and I haven’t seen shit change for months. Not sure what voodoo I have going on judging by other experiences.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

recent updates to ublock for firefox have made its adblocking way more powerful.

Where do you go to get pi hole? is that the one that requires docker?

• EmperorHenry
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

I tried to do that, I looked it up right after I typed my comment. I wasn’t able to get docker to work on my system. Does it have anything to do with core isolation being enabled? I don’t have anything installed on my system that should be blocking it.

Adguard for desktop is working for now. I don’t need it to work right this second.