My question is basically the title. I’m making my own Puppy Linux remaster and it already has a .PDF reader for it that is very small. I think it’s called Evince? It has a native GTK UI and starts in a second, uses very little RAM and CPU. Now I need a .EPUB reader. I’ve seen a couple different .EPUB reader apps out there for different distros, and they all the .EPUB readers seem to fall into a couple categories:

• humongous JS monstrosity that runs inside a web browser OR packages an entire chrome copy into it with a bloated dependency hell

• something else that is humongous and has dependency hell but non secretly a massive web app inside a web browser under the hood.

So is there some third option that’s small and light and easy to install like the normal .PDF reader? I’m just asking because I honestly didn’t find one that fit the bill.

• greyOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Also, are you banned? I can only see your post in my inbox, but not on the thread.

• Vilian@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

if he was banned you couldn’t see him anywhere, probably federation being funcky, or your app not updating both at the same time

• bbbhltz@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Just checked the modlog. I don’t appear to be banned. Funky Federation stuff.

• bbbhltz@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I have no idea how I would be banned, I’m not super active. How can I find out if I’ve been banned?