Hi, does anyone know how to make the tint2 taskbar follow the icon theme set in xfce? I’m on mx linux using the Zafiro-Nord-Black icon theme and set it to inherit from Zafiro-Icons-Dark, Numix-Circle, and Papirus-Dark.

If I launch from the terminal and open the tint2 setting I can see line upon line of

tint2: Could not find icon '', using default.

This is driving me mad.

• linuxPIPEpower
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I admit I find icons under xfce4 to be very mysterious. There are all kinds of weird behaviours I can’t explain.

However I am not the only one. There are lots of threads about the “generic icon” problem, for example: Window buttons not showing the proper icon which might have something useful for you.

Kitty has specific instructions for its icon. I don’t mind the kitty icon so I never changed it.

Is the overall problems you are facing different in tint2 than in the xfce panel? if you open them both up is one able to access the correct icons and the other isn’t? I’m out of ideas in either case but it would at least clarify if the problem has anything to do with tint2 or is a general icon thing. If its a general icon thing you’re in luck because there a lot broader resources. If it’s a tint2 problem then you are stuck trying to figure out why.