For me it’s the notification light you used to find on older phones, was particularly good to know if your phone was charged without picking it up

• VOwOxel
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I’m going to say that today, even on lower-end phones, the screen, processor and camera are all pretty decent.

I have a Motorola G31, which cost about 200€ one year ago, when I got it. It has a Micro SD Card Slot and a headphone jack. The screen is plenty good (1440p,60hz) (why would you need 120hz or 4k on a phone) And the camera is also quite nice. It has no fancy features, but it takes pictures and that’s all I need.

From my perspective, flagship phones are impractical and overpriced to say the least.

• n3m37h@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Ive been using 144/165hz monitors for years now and it’s jarring going back to 60 hz

I only spent $290 Cdn after shipping and taxes for my moto g60s. I 100% agree, flagship phones are unnessesary.

• ɠισƚԋҽϝʅσɯ@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

120hz is amazing for scrolling through feeds, it is absolutely night and day. It is like turning off the annoying motion blur in a video game.