I can touch type with a physical keyboard, which helps somewhat with trying to type on smartphone virtual keyboards, but I still find myself way clumsier and error-prone on them when I try to touch tap-type on them.

For the most part I’ve worked around this via swipe/gesture-typing on virtual keyboards, but even that method is error-prone. So, I’d like to try to learn to tap-type similar to how I know how to touch type, but many resources I find are for physical keyboards instead, so…Any help here?

• Wistful
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Yeah, I just tested it in Jerboa…I guess in some apps it just doesn’t work, probably depending on how the text box is implemented in the app or something, I’m not sure.
    I didn’t have trouble with it so far because it has been working for all the apps that I use.

federation on my lemmy instance is broken, so this message will probably arrive very late

• 0x4E4F@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

That is what puzzled me as well. It litelarly works in every other app, except Jerboa. In have no idea why, and I have asked this same question a few times here on Lemmy, but no one seems to know the answer.