I really didn’t know any better. I have edited my last post. I am really sorry.

• @nekuOP
    link
    14 months ago

-34…what do I have to do. I’m really sorry it wasn’t intentional and I didn’t know it any better

• SavvyWolf
      link
      fedilink
      English
      74 months ago

Take the L and move on. You made a reasonable mistake (it’s an old phrase that not many people recognised, iirc), learn from it and let it go.

Honestly just an edit in the post saying you didn’t know the phrase’s origin would have been enough. No need to make it into a “thing”. That’s probably where the downvotes are coming from.

Part of being a good person is realising and accepting that people make mistakes. Anyone that still keeps giving you crap over this after you’ve apologised probably isn’t worth listening to.

• FubarberryM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      74 months ago

The original post was fine, and wasn’t worth something downvoting you over. This post with an apology was unnecessary and not really aligned with the content of this community, so it’s more of an objectional post than the original post was.

Arguably I should maybe take down this post, but it’s not enough of an issue to really worry about either way I think.